unfortuantely the ftp upload saga continues with unreliable transfers, crashing ftp programmes all compounding the local broadband issues which I can happily say are now significantly reduced.
So far I have tried the following programmes and so far I have not found one that is truely reliable all the time
1. WinSCP – A very versatile programme but…..Refused to synchronise and hung during transfers
2. FTP synchronizer – Nice and simple but manual only, needed a button press to upload but altogether very reliable. i contacted the developers but not luck
3. AutoFTP – A freeware application that is again nice and simple but suffers from the ‘AutoCrash’ feature so it’s nearly there but not quite robust enough
4. Carbon FTP – Does it all manually but not a hoot when it comes to scheduling unless you are using a different tool to schedule
5. Auto FTP Manager – Not freeware, in fact it’s $40 but if it works in the long run then I’m sure it’ll be worth it. I’ve not tried this for long enough but it seems to be working well.
6. FTP Sync Pro – Again not freeware and uses command line and windows task scheduler, massively gums up the task bar when running every hour so not a runner really. Although having said that it didn’t ever miss a synchronisation when it was running.
Peter’s Updater – looks from the description that it may work, but I think I’ve been here before
Save2FTP – Recommended by Mike, VK3AVV in a previous comment. Not freeware but it looks and sounds like a good option and it has a 30 day trials so nothing to lose really.