In 2021 I did a STEM project with a school called CANSAT. The project used LoRa modules to transmit data from a model rocket payload and a ground station. I started to get interested in these modules and to cut a long story short have a few of the Lillygo TBEAM versions.

The version I have runs on 433MHz and use the code in the links above. I ended up using this code because of a change in component on my boards that meant some of the other code that is also used wouldn’t work and ended up in a boot loop.

As a little toy it’s quite fun to see how far 100mW can go but realistically without adding additional components they aren’t going to replace my APRS hand held